Our Beautification Committee works with the City of Dallas Reforestation Program to provide free trees on our neighborhood parkways. Over the past four years, we have planted more than 110 trees on our neighborhood parkways. Trees beautify our neighborhood, clean the air, and make our streets and sidewalks cooler in the hot summer months. Help keep our neighborhood green — plant a tree.
To be approved for any and all large trees, the parkway must be at least 5 feet wide. Most trees provided have a caliper of 2 to 4 inches! These are a great addition to the neighborhood.
To be eligible for free trees, you must: • Be a current member of the neighborhood association (LHNA). Non-members can join for an annual fee of $25 per family or $12 per senior citizen.
• Complete the lot plot form on our LHNA beautification web page.
• Plant the tree correctly. The LHNA arranges for a tree planting service and mulch the day of delivery for around $15 per tree.
• Water the trees deeply once or twice per week during the months of April through October, and biweekly during the months of November through March until the trees are established (which typically takes two years).
• Fertilize if signs of nutrient deficiency appear.
• Replace the tree, at your expense, if it dies within the first two years.